Thursday, September 25, 2008

Daddy's Girl

Can you believe that at my age I am STILL Daddy's girl. My Mr. Wonderful, that I have been dating for a little over 6 months now, asked me last night if I ever thought he could even come close to being as wonderful as I thought my Dad is. I smiled and told him that he could sure try, but I am pretty sure that he will have to settle for being wonderful in a whole different way than my Daddy. :)
I guess with Dad's birthday coming up this weekend it has me in a melancholy mood. I know I am VERY lucky to still have my parents and to have them both be healthy. I am thankful for that. I am not saying my Dad is perfect, trust me. He is male, after all. But in all honesty, he is everything a daughter could want in a Dad.
To all of you out there who still have your Dads....hug their necks and enjoy them.

No comments: