Tuesday, September 23, 2008

My Dad

This weekend my Dad will be 70 years old. It is just so hard for me accept that my Dad will be 70. I have been thinking a lot the past few days about my Dad. Trust me, he isn’t perfect, but I have to admit he has been a great dad. He has told both my sister and I that he doesn’t want a gift for his birthday this year. I have been working on a letter to give him letting him know how much I appreciate all the things he has done. It has made me a little weepy the past few days. I can’t imagine life without either of my parents. I depend on them for so much.
Any ideas on anything else I can do for my Dad’s birthday to let him know how much I appreciate and love him?

3 comments:

heather said...

do you have enough pictures to put together an album for him? perhaps one of him throughout his life or family photos of him with you and/or your sister.

or, you could go for corny as hell and do one of those handprint plaques that kids always make for their parents with a construction paper #1 dad 'ribbon' and crown for him to wear for the day.

bet you the best thing will be the letter though. that's a great idea. :)

Betty said...

Thanks for the ideas. I think I do have enough pictures for the album. Maybe the pictures and the letter?

heather said...

sounds like one hell of a game plan. :)